In addition to the normal warranties under the Australian Consumer Law, Brodware offers extended warranty periods for Brodware products against manufacturing defects that are purchased on or after 1 March 2014 in accordance with the following warranty conditions.
This extended warranty means that for the first five years after purchase where this warranty applies, Brodware will provide repair or if required, replacement, as well as the labour costs. After five years the warranty will provide replacement parts only for up to 20 years from the date of purchase.
|Tapware, including taps, outlets, mixers, showers. All hoses and their connections 2yrs parts and labour only.||20/5 years||5 years parts and labour 15 years parts only|
|Accessories||6/3 years||3 years parts and labour, 6 years parts only|
|Sanitaryware, including basins, bidets, urinals, toilet suites, toilet pans, toilet cisterns, toilet seats||3 years||3 years parts and labour|
A commercial premises is deemed to be any business, motel, hotel, airport, hospital or place that is not by its nature a domestic residential building.
|Tapware, including taps, outlets, mixers, showers||2 years||2 years parts and labour|
|Accessories||2 years||2 years parts and labour|
|Sanitaryware, including basins, bidets, urinals, toilet suites, toilet pans, toilet cisterns, toilet seats||2 years||2 years parts and labour|
The date of purchase for new residences will be the date of purchase of the Brodware product.
The date of purchase for commercial buildings will be the date of handover to the owners.
This warranty covers manufacturing defects only.
This extended warranty only covers Brodware Pty Ltd (“Brodware”) products, and does not extend to products which you have selected outside our product range.
To enjoy the benefit of the Brodware warranties (in addition to the warranties available under Australian Consumer Law) you are asked to complete the Product Warranty Registration Form supplied with each of our products and return it to the address indicated on the form or alternatively use the form on the right to register online. Please ensure that a copy of the sales receipt is attached.
Non-standard electroplate finishes have a warranty period of 6 months from date of purchase (parts and labour).
Void of warranty:
This extended warranty shall be void for the following reasons:
- Products not installed or repaired by a licensed plumber and/or electrician accredited by Brodware.
- Products not installed to relevant National Standards and State Regulations.
- Products not installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s installation instructions.
- Water pressures and/or temperatures that exceed stated limitations as per the product installation instructions. AS/NZS3500 states that the maximum water supply pressure at any outlet within a building must not exceed 500kpa at any time. Where pressure exceeds 500kpa, pressure-limiting valves must be installed.
- Maximum inlet water temperature not to exceed 50° C as required by AS/NZS3500
- Isolation stop taps are not fitted as stated on manufacturer’s installation instructions.
- Fitting of other devices to the outlet of tapware, e.g. water filters.
- Products used with water additives, e.g. cleaning and/or deodorising additives in cisterns.
- Fair wear and tear, such as working seals in cistern inlet and outlet valves, tap seals and tap valves, etc.
- Non written approved modifications to the products.
- Products used for incorrect applications, non-potable water etc.
- Damage as a result of obstructions due to inadequate flushing of system before use and problems caused by foreign matter in the water supply (including silt, corrosion and excess water pressure).
- Failure to regularly clean or replace dirty or blocked outlet aerator inserts in tapware and/or shower heads etc.
- Accidental damage, misuse, maltreatment, abnormal stress or strain, harsh or adverse weather conditions or neglect.
- Attachments of accessories or use of non-Brodware replacement parts other than those manufactured or approved in writing by Brodware.
- Non-installation of flow regulator in tapware and showers or regulated check valve or check valves in hand showers or veggie mixers.
- Damage to surface finishes as a result of contact with improper materials, unsuitable or harsh cleaning products, improper cleaning, external impact or abuse and the effects of hard water. Some finishes are oxidized or organic and will naturally patina further with time. Brodware will not be liable for any change in these finishes.
- Failure to observe manufacturers maintenance and care instructions.
- Failure to lodge the product warranty registration form with Brodware.
The extended warranty work is limited to the pre-approved scope of work that will be set out in a work order. Additional work will require authorisation from Brodware.
It is the installer/consumers responsibility to ensure:
- Product is not damaged prior to installation
- They are happy with their purchase
- The product has all of its components
- Required maintenance is performed.
In addition to this extended warranty, certain legislation, including the Australian Consumer Law, may give you certain rights which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified, this extended warranty must be read subject to such legislation and nothing in this warranty has the effect of excluding, restricting or modifying those rights.
To make a warranty claim, a written claim (containing your name, address, contact details and details of the product defect together with a valid receipt of purchase from an authorised dealer, or such other proof of purchase including the date of purchase as Brodware may accept) must be sent to Brodware by email to email@example.com or by posting to the company address.
If the authorised Brodware merchant from whom the product was purchased has permanently ceased trading, proof of purchase and the claim and contact details must be posted, faxed or emailed to Brodware (contact details listed below).
If the products were supplied as part of a project order for new multiple dwellings, such as a block of apartments, and no proof of purchase is available, handover documentation for the new dwelling and the claim and contact details must be posted, faxed or emailed to Brodware (contact details listed below).
Additional Warranty Information
The extended warranty only applies to the original owner and is not transferable.
Should any warranty claim be made and attended to by a Brodware authorised Service Agent and that in the opinion of the Service Agent or Brodware, the problem was from faulty installation or use of the products in conjunction with products of another manufacturer or from some other cause other than a manufacturing defect of the goods for which Brodware is responsible, Brodware Industries reserves the right to charge a service fee for each service staff attending the premises where products have been installed.
As part of Brodware’s commitment to continuous improvement, Brodware reserves the right to make changes to its products at any time and supply an alternative product.
Brodware requires adequate access to products, fittings and fixtures to undertake extended warranty repairs. Brodware will not be responsible for any consequential damage or costs where there is inadequate access to products.
Brodware reserves the right to provide minor components as ‘parts only’ to the customer during any part of the warranty period.